BSc Geology (Hons)
University of New England (1995)
Over 25 years of experience.
Pascal joined Terra Search as a graduate geologist in 1996, working in the Cloncurry, Mt Isa, Northern New England Orogen and Drummond Basin districts in Queensland, including Mt Mackenzie, Lady Annie, Lady Loretta, Twin Hills and Coyote (NT).
Pascal subsequently worked with Triako (Mineral Hill, Southern Ore Zone, Hera) before joining Newmont at Pajingo, and subsequently moving to Newmont Tanami Operations, where he was recognised by Newmont for the conceptual work leading to the discovery of Oberon in 2011, and for direct involvement in the maiden Reserve delivery for Auron.
Following his time with Newmont, Pascal has been part of the discovery and/or development of Old Pirate and Hyperion (Tanami), Hidden Secret, Morrison and Brownhill (as Senior Technical Geologist, Superpit), and Lake Roe (Eastern Goldfields).
Returning to Terra Search in 2018, Pascal was part of Newcrest’s initial geology team at Havieron.
Pascal has worked in the management of exploration and mine geology teams across gold, base metal and bulk commodity’s in QLD, NSW, NT, WA and PNG, and is co-author of a number of papers relating to mineralisation in The Tanami.
- 2011 Newmont Asia Pacific Near Mine Geology Exploration Excellence Award. For conceptual work resulting in the discovery of Oberon
- Morrison, G., Blevin, P.L., Miller, C., Hill, P. & Mackenzie, I. (2004) Age and setting of the Mineral Hill Au-base metal deposits. IN Bierlein, F.P. & Hough, M.A. (Eds.) Tectonics to Minerals Discovery – Deconstructing the Lachlan Orogen. Geological Society of Australia Abstracts, 74, 83-93.
- Bagas, L., Boucher, R. K., Li, B., Miller, J., Hill, P. J., Depauw, G., … Eggers, B. (2014). Paleoproterozoic stratigraphy and gold mineralisation in the Granites-Tanami Orogen, North Australian Craton. Australian Journal of Earth Sciences, 61(1), 89-111. DOI: 10.1080/08120099.2013.784220
- Hill, P., Boucher, R. K., Smillie, P. M., Van Roij, A., Richards, R. E. & Holden, D. J., 2013. ABM Resources: Beyond Twin Bonanza – redefining the final frontier. Northern Territory Geological Survey, AGES Conference Abstracts, Record 2013-001:27-33
- Holden, D. J., Hill, P., Boucher, R. K., Smillie, P M., McQuinn, R., Eiloart, K, Aldridge, P., Bell, K. & Van Roij, A., 2013. The Twin Bonanza project: A Proterozoic gold discovery in the modern era. NewGen Gold. pp85-98
- Boucher, R. K., Etheridge, M. A., Hill, P. & Bagas, L., 2013. New structural observations and tectonic model for part of the Granites-Tanami Orogen. AIG News 113:1-9